Earth Day is fast approaching, it’s April 22nd, we’ll share more tips as the day approaches.
But today, we’ll share a short and sweet list to help make sure we’re all doing our part to reduce waste.
- Take reusable bags to the store when shopping
- Reduce or eliminate the use of paper plates and cups
- Store leftover foods in reusable containers instead of single use plastic bags or polystyrene containers
- Donate unwanted, slightly used clothing, furniture and other household items to local non-profit organizations
- Purchase foods in bulk or those which use less packaging
- Purchase fruits and vegetables that are not pre-packaged in containers and plastics
What’s your favorite trick to reduce waste? Share with us! We’d love to hear all about your tips and tricks.
(Of course, we need a slight disclaimer. All appropriate entries will be considered and one person will be randomly chosen on Earth Day as the winner and will receive a $100 gift card to Bachman’s Floral Gifts and Garden. For our out of state friends, they deliver Nationwide too!)